Thomas Cook India has identified various states in India as a significant growth market for its travel business and this year has further strengthened it’s presence with the opening of 6 new outlets.
Bearing in mind the strong growth potential of India’s Tier II & III source markets, the company has targeted such areas for the selection of new outlets.
The new locations :
- Connaught Place, New Delhi – 8th January 2018: Thomas Cook strengthened its presence in North India with the opening of a flagship store at Connaught Place, inaugurated by Vijay Kumar – Thomas Cook India’s Brand Ambassador and Esteemed Customer.
- Ballygunge, Kolkata – 23rd January 2018: Thomas Cook is certainly more visible in Kolkata with the inauguration of the new franchise ‘Gold Circle Partner’ outlet at Ballygunge, Kolkata. It was inaugurated by Rupak Paul, Vice President – Foreign Exchange, Thomas Cook (India) Limited. and Vikram Singh, Associate Vice President – Leisure Travel (East & Central India), Thomas Cook (India) Limited.
- New Alipore, Kolkata – 22nd January 2018: Rupak Paul and Vikram Singh ceremoniously opened yet another location at New Alipore.
- Ranchi – 9th February 2018: Ranchi in East India got its first new ‘Gold Circle Partner’ franchise outlet at Maple Plaza, Ranchi, again inaugurated by Vikram Singh, Associate Vice President – Leisure Travel (East & Central India), Thomas Cook (India) Limited.
- Guwahati- 15th February 2018: Thomas Cook (India) Ltd., identified North-East India as a significant high potential market for its Foreign Exchange Business, and to leverage this opportunity, inaugurated 2 new counters at LGBI Airport, Guwahati. B K Tailong, Airport Director (APD), did the honours in the presence of Shouvik Chatterjee, AVP – Foreign Exchange- Thomas Cook (India) Limited, and Ankit Gupta, AVP – Foreign Exchange – Thomas Cook (India) Limited.
- Varanasi- 7th March, 2018: The company identified the state of Uttar Pradesh as a significant growth market for its Foreign Exchange business, and taking advantage of this opportunity, has opened two new counters at Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport, Varanasi. The outlets were inaugurated by Anil Kumar Rai – Airport Director in the presence of Shouvik Chatterjee, and Amit Gupta, Associate Vice Presidents of Thomas Cook India’s Foreign Exchange business.