Travel Corporation India Ltd (operating brands; TCI, Sita, Distant Frontiers and Go Vacation India) has become a signatory of the Glasgow Declaration, Sita commits to deliver plans aligned with the pathways to cut tourism emissions in half over the next decade and reach Net Zero emissions as soon as possible before 2050.
The Glasgow Declaration on Climate Action in Tourism unites travel and tourism behind a common set of pathways for climate action, aligning the sector with global commitments and catalysing collaborative solutions to the many challenges facing businesses and destinations globally. The Glasgow Declaration encourages the acceleration of climate action in tourism by securing commitments to reduce emissions in tourism by at least 50% over the next decade and achieve Net Zero as soon as possible before 2050.
By joining the Glasgow Declaration, we are committing to:
- Support the global commitment to halve emissions by 2030 and reach Net Zero as soon as possible before 2050;
- Deliver climate action plans within 12 months from becoming a signatory (or updating existing plans), and begin implementing them;
- Align our plans with the five pathways of the Declaration (Measure, Decarbonise, Regenerate, Collaborate, Finance) to accelerate and co-ordinate climate action in tourism;
- Report publicly on an annual basis on progress against interim and long-term targets, as well as on actions being taken;
- Work in a collaborative spirit, sharing good practices and solutions, and disseminating information to encourage additional organisations to become signatories and supporting one another to reach targets as quickly as possible.
Tourism is facing an unprecedented crisis. It is vital that we accelerate climate action in the sector. We are very proud to be aligned with other sector leaders to sign the Glasgow Declaration on climate action in tourism and to be able to contribute towards the enhancement of sustainable development of the tourism sector. As India’s leading DMC, we understand our responsibility and commitment towards sustainability and are delighted to be working towards making tourism a sustainable product for the future.