Thomas Cook India spearheads the domestic tourism agenda in line with Prime Minister Modi’s message on Independence Day, encouraging citizens to travel across the country – recommending a list of 15 ‘must visit’ destinations to explore across India through its campaign #travelpledge2022!
Thomas Cook India’s internal data reveals the significant demand for domestic tourism with a growth of over 25% YoY over the last 3 years. The company’s research also highlights the keen interest today’s travellers have in rediscovering their roots while indulging in unique experiences. Additionally, that social sharing via insta-worthy vacations is serving to further raise this demand- especially among millennials.
Aiming to bring domestic tourism into the spotlight, Thomas Cook India has launched 15 bucket list destinations -to entice Indians to explore and unveil the gems of our country:
- Mawlynnong (Meghalaya) – The cleanest village of Asia
- Taj Mahal (Agra) – The ultimate emblem of love – a UNESCO world Heritage Site
- Forts and Monuments of Rajasthan (Jaipur, Jodhpur, Ajmer) – Experience a rich cultural heritage
- Statue of Unity (Gujarat) – The largest monolithic statue of India
- Khajuraho (Madhya Pradesh) – Finest sculptures from the past – UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Rishikesh (Uttarakhand) – The Yoga capital of the world
- Ladakh on a Motor Bike – An adventure ride to Nubra Valley, Tso Moriri, Pangong and more
- Jim Corbett National Park (Uttarakhand) – Tigers which attracted the Man vs. Wild Show
- Konark Sun Temple (Odisha) – 13th Century Sun Temple – UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Temples & Ganga Ghat of Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh) – said to be the world’s oldest City
- Kaziranga National Park (Assam) – Witness the one horned Rhino
- Gulmarg (Kashmir) – Paradise on Earth
- Valley of flowers (Uttarakhand) – Indian national park, home to millions of flowers
- Khajjiar (Himachal Pradesh) – Mini Switzerland of India
- Backwaters of Kerala – Enjoy the serene lakes, canals and lagoons in God’s own Country
Rajeev Kale, President & Country Head – Holidays, MICE, Visa, Thomas Cook (India) Ltd., said, “I am truly delighted with the announcement of Prime Minister Modi calling all Indians to visit at least 15 domestic destinations by 2022. He has put the spotlight back on domestic tourism, catalysing a demand for this high potential yet under-leveraged sector. Hence in an attempt to play our part in this significant initiative, we have curated a bucket list of 15 Indian gems, aiming to encourage travellers embark on a voyage of discovery of their own country and explore its diversity of exotic experiences – from culture, cuisine, wildlife, adventure, and more”, he added.